This is a simple follow up strategy that is built off of gratitude and appreciation of others. This
provides you with the opportunity to engage your database and provide the context for a future
The premise of the campaign is to:
‣ Thank the people you meet.
‣ Thank the people you interview.
‣ Thank business owners who participate on the website.
‣ Show appreciation and gratitude to interviewees, friends, fans, followers.
‣ Start a conversation with the person. Get them to respond. Keep Dialogue going.
Methods that you can use:
‣ Social Media DM
‣ Hand Written Note
Who to follow up with:
‣ People you interviewed
‣ Businesses who put deals, sales, and specials
‣ People who liked, commented, and shared your interview or any social media posts
‣ Past Clients
‣ Friends, Family
‣ People who have referred you business
‣ People who you work with, and refer business too
‣ Someone who has given you amazing service
‣ “Hi NAME, I just want to say THANK YOU for participating in this local initiative, being
interviewed, and helping others get to know you!”
‣ “Hi NAME, I just want to say THANK YOU for taking the time to help everyone in the
community get to know you and your business!”
‣ “Hi NAME, I just want to say THANK YOU for offering amazing incentives for local
consumers to try you out, as well as rewards for your customers to write a review and
educate others about your business!”
‣ “Hey NAME, (MY NAME HERE) here. I just wanted to reach out to see if you’re doing
okay? I know that there is a lot going on right now so if there is anything that I can do for
you, please do let me know.”
‣ “Hey NAME - this is (FIRST AND LAST NAME). I figured that I would reach out to ask how
you’re doing? Things are a little crazy right now, that’s for sure! I’ve found that my business
is really busy right now! I wanted to ask how yours is doing. If you need anything, make
sure to let me know.
After they respond:
‣ “Hey, do you want to be interviewed?”
‣ “Hey, do you want the newsletter?”
‣ A Conversation Starter
- “What in the world can I do for you?”
- “Are you doing OK?”
- “How are you doing?”
‣ Top performers in Real Estate will follow up with their database anywhere from 4 (minimum)
to 12 (maximum) times a year
- Once per quarter (4)
- Once per month (12)
‣ If your database is 1000 - 2000 people, these numbers may be reduced, simply due to the
size of your sphere and the time required to follow up with them all.
The Strategy - How often to follow up/How many follow-ups per day
- (A) Identify the number of people in your database
- (B) Identify the number of times you would like to follow up with each person in your
database (on average) across the full year
- (C) Calculate the number of weeks you work in a year (remove holidays, vacations, time
- (D) Select the number of days, per week, that you will be following up with your sphere on
e.g. 3 days a week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
Once you have the numbers above, put them into this equation:
(A) MULTIPLIED BY (B) DIVIDED BY (C) DIVIDED BY (D)
Number of reach outs you MUST DO per day to achieve your goal.
This will reveal the number of follow-ups you MUST DO per day, to achieve your goal
Example: 400 X 5 / 48 / 5 = 8.3 Reach outs per day to people in my database to achieve my